27 Dec 2008

How to watch BBC iPlayer shows outside the UK

i've found this very interesting post !!

the only variations i've applied on my own are:

1) installed PortableTor (instead of the standard version)

2) edited manually the file ./Data/Tor.cfg
adding the following lines:

StrictExitNodes 1
exitnodes anotherlink,CarlosNet,ciccio,connorPC,PD,MrNiceGuy,procurator,shortname,colinwillsdorkyahoo,Hilikme,

Thx to Cherie!




You wanth to donload BBC iPlayer videos too?
checkout this post.
UPTADES: this no longer works anymore :(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're having the same problem I was with hulu! I ended up getting a VPN account. There are tons of places to get VPNs from. I choose to go with www.hidemynet.com. Activation was instant, so I could start watching hulu right away. Their site says they also offer a UK vpn, I suspect it'll work for iplayer just like it did for hulu. With the fee I pay (5$USD per month) I get access to both the UK and USA vpn servers.

Anonymous Proxies said...

Masking your IP can allow you access to things you might not otherwise have access to plus prevent your IP from being logged and allow you to surf more safely (protection is a big plus!)

SPWS said...

This is very interesting! My friends will surely be excited to try this technique.
iplayer abroad

Anonymous said...

You need a VPN for BBC if you`re outside the UK. Right now I use this UK VPN, streaming video on BBC iPlayer works great with it.

Unknown said...

Watch BBC iPlayer shows anywhere in the world using Hotspot Shield Free VPN

Check it out here: http://www.hotspotshield.com